Friday, February 21, 2020

First Morning in DR

We arrived in Santo Domingo and were able to have get to the ministry at 1:00am. When I go to different countries one of the things I find interesting is figuring out the rules of transportation, Dominican Republic is no exception. The biggest adjustment was having roosters outside our window. I can probably count on one hand my interactions with roosters. It was a quick moment to help me switch mindset for the next 10 days. I cannot expect simple things to be the same and they might seem to be irritating but it is all part of life here, and part of my life for remainder of the trip. For breakfast we were able to hear stories of Guido, a Hatian, and his journey to believe in Christ but also how he became involved in his work now with the denomination and ministries. 

Today we will be traveling to our work site in Los Patos.  Please pray for safety in travel.

For those who have been here before, it was a sad day....the old grey van was retired 😫   We have a different van for the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment